The benefits of high fiber foods . Fiber or dietary fiber is a type of carbohydrate that the body can not digest. Fiber can be divided into two types: soluble fiber that helps reduce fat and blood sugar levels found in oats , apples and carrots. And insoluble fiber that helps to reduce the function of the digestive system and increase the amount of feces. The fiber is found in wheat bran, Green beans and potatoes.
Moreover High fiber foods are also foods that contain vitamins. A lot of minerals and antioxidants Helps control weight by making you feel full longer. This will help prevent overeating and prevent hunger between meals. Help relieve and prevent constipation. It also reduces the risk of heart disease, diabetes and colon cancer as well.
High-fiber foods and eating them in moderation
Examples of common high fiber foods include:
- Fresh fruits like banana, banana, tangerine, mango, strawberry, avocado, apple.
- Fresh vegetables such as beetroot, broccoli, carrots, lentils, cabbage, bok choy, kale, morning glory, tomatoes and spinach, etc.
- Nuts such as almonds, edamame, red beans, green peas, chickpeas, white beans, black beans, or lentils.
- Grains such as oats, corn, brown rice, barley , quinoa, or chia seeds.
- Processed foods like breakfast cereals Cereal bars Some yogurt or ice cream
- Supplements like Psyllium Husk or Guar Gum, etc.
The Department of Health, Ministry of Public Health, recommends the amount of fiber intake at 25–38 grams per day. The amount that children should receive can be calculated from the age plus 5 years and will be in grams per day. And the elderly should get fiber every day to prevent constipation.